• All passengers arriving at the Victoria Falls Airport must present a negative PCR COVID-19 Clearance Certificate obtained within 48 hours before departure from their home country. If officials believe a traveller to be symptomatic, they may be required to undergo a further PCR test on arrival, regardless of the negative certificate.
• All passengers are required to complete a COVID-19 contact-tracing document on arrival.
• An Airport Official will take passengers' temperatures. Anyone recording a temperature equal to or higher than 38°C will be tested for COVID-19. If a traveller tests positive, they will then need to go into local isolation for ten days. Isolation is at the traveller's own expense. After quarantine, travellers will need to be retested before they are permitted to travel home or on to their next destination.
• Travellers who arrive from or transit through India on their way to Zimbabwe will be required to quarantine for 10 days at their own expense
• Travellers are to adhere to WHO COVID-19 standard practices at all times, such as maintaining social distancing, wearing a mask and practising personal hygiene.
• PCR tests are available at all International Airports, at the Lancet Laboratory and the Health Bridge Clinic in Victoria Falls. The PCR Test is US$60 cash per person on weekdays and $70 per person on weekends, payable direct to the Laboratory. Results take between 2 to 3 hours; however, we strongly suggest that travellers allow 24 hours and get tested the day before departure.
• Should a guest test positive, they are required to go into an isolation centre for ten days. Travellers will be retested after five days. Isolation will be at the traveller's expense. They can isolate at a Government facility, or if the property they are staying at has an isolation room, they can opt to stay there.
• Most Hotels/ Lodges will make the reservation for COVID Testing at the Laboratory. They will then transfer guests to the lab for testing and wait to transfer them back to their hotel in Victoria Falls Town. Once the test results are available, Wild Horizons will collect the results and deliver them to the guests at their hotels.
• Please note that testing times are subject to availability. Activities and touring will be scheduled to accommodate testing times.
Important Operational Changes in Zimbabwe:
Departing guests must show their negative PCR test upon entering the airport, and they are not permitted to enter without this.
Zimbabwean Land Borders remain partially closed (i.e restrictions on International travellers).
Travellers flying into Zimbabwe can overnight for up to 30 days before a road transfer or a flight out of the country.
Travellers arriving in Zimbabwe by road cannot overnight in the country. They have to be in transit and produce a printed version of their departure flight for the same day.
Travellers can fly into Zimbabwe from Kasane or Livingstone and overnight for up to 30 days.